Tuesday, August 8, 2017

French Farmhouse Updates

I'm excited to bring some more house updates on our French farmhouse building project!

It seemed like the month of July things were at a crawl.  They weren't really, it's just that it's not a lot of fun taking pictures of taped up walls for painting!

Below is one of the doors to the theater room painted in BM Silver Song.


Trim is BM Silver Song walls are BM Classic Grey.

Closet is getting painted... color is SW Quiet Moments.

On IG I was debating about herringbone vs running bond for the entry way. We are going with running bond.  Sorry for the poor quality picture.  The brick is an arto brick and I LOVE it! The multicolors of the brick are so beautiful in person.

Cabinets for the laundry room arrived!

Also, decided on a house exterior color finally. We went with BM Somerset Peach.  I love how it looks.

It makes the rock on the house look great.

Let's see... our beams are getting installed.  My Mother stained all of the beams... she is the best! I'll include a tutorial later of how she did it!

Also, we bought a fountain for outside. It was a great deal and I'm so excited.   I was going to go with a lighter color but then the lighter color grows mold/moss on them and look bad so this should hide it better.

We ordered tile for the master in carrara marble. This is the basketweave.

We're looking at carpet for the bedrooms, still need to choose a color.

Bought a fan for the outside patio. I had a hard time finding a fan that I liked, obviously there aren't too many "French" fans, so we just found one that looked pretty chic. 

And that's all for now!  Hoping to be in by October but that may just be wishful thinking.


12 comments:

  1. Angelina, you are making the prettiest choices! I love that brick floor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is already looking smashing with the lovely wall colours and the brick tiles, the herringbone is very smart but there could be too many cuts, and the fountain is quite grand, would love to see the "end" result. Wishing you all the best with the new home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, too many cuts on the herringbone - agreed! Thank you for your comments.

      Delete
  3. How pretty all of your choices are! I know you are so excited about moving into your beautiful new home. Hope it works out so you can move in October!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am so excited and ready to move in - but first we things like... toilets and sinks!

      Delete
  4. So many exciting details! I love the brick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angela,
    The peach exterior is perfection. I also like the running bond brick in the entry, but the piece de resistance is the fountain. Where did you buy it? I would love to have one at my house. We just laid some pea gravel in an area next to the deck with a fountain in mind for that spot.

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliments! We got the fountain at a local store, however it is made by a place called Giannini Fountains that has a large factory and distributes at least in California, I do not know about the rest of the country. Here is their website: http://www.gianninigarden.com/ Hopefully you can find one in your area!

      Delete
  6. What a very lovely home this is going to be! I really like the brick you chose for the entry.

    Have a great weekend Angelina!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! Sometimes it takes a few days for me to reply, but I truly love every single comment and read them all! It is the only way I know who has visited the blog!